Friday, October 26, 2007

I've tried to realistically think about how I might use my blog. I'm not sure I would blog about my teaching experiences, lesson plans, educational issues, etc. I would like to record some of the humorous things that happen with the children. I've heard a lot of funny things over the years and one day I'll wish I had written them down. This would be a good place to preserve those memories and share a laugh with others. Also, I have played with the idea of using it as a journal to record my journey with my husband's heart attack, brain injury, and recovery. There have been many times that I needed to know that someone knew how I felt or I have needed someone to tell me whether something that has happened is normal or not for his type of injury. His doctor says he just doesn't know the answers to my questions because normally, people do not survive what he has been through. My mom says we are writing the book and in a lot of ways I think she is right. Anyway, I think this blog would be a good way to let explore what has happened in our lives and embrace our new normal.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am so sorry to hear about the difficult road your husband and family have been through. I can speak from experience to hold on to your faith. Know that it will be okay eventually. My sister suffered a major car accident 18 years ago. She suffered from many injuries, including a head injury. Last spring she graduated from MC with a masters in fine art. We don't know the big picture. Take it day by day to start. Your in my thoughts,