Monday, October 15, 2007

After reading the articles about wikis and looking at several of the ones listed, I believe that the use of them in an educational setting would be beneficial...for older students. I like the freedom to post and edit but I fear that even within a class there could be the potential for mischief, not to mention the possibility for sabatoge or inappropriate postings. I can see how it would be good for college classes whose students are mature enough to filter the bad stuff that mind find its way onto a wiki. I think that the protection one would have to provide for younger students would severely limit the flexibility that a wiki is supposed to generate.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

There is a definite need to monitor all students with the vast amount of technology available now. I only allow 1 or 2 students at a time on the computer. I am fortunate to have an assistant in my library so one of us can monitor students' online activities.